Hawaiian Gardens, CA / Hybrid
Become part of the Ryvid Inc. Team
Ryvid is seeking passionate and skilled individuals to help create and champion the future of electric mobile sports. Our culture thrives on diversity and imagination, and we reward those who bring unique skills, passions, and capabilities to our mission of elevating personal experiences in recreational and functional mobility. Join us in making a difference and contributing to the next generation of electric mobile sports.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Ryvid is looking for an experienced, reliable and dynamic individual to build and lead a high-performance accounting team and work with us to support explosive growth in the years ahead. If you love predictability and routine, this job isn’t for you. If you crave a challenge, then we have a position in which you may be interested.
You will report to Ryvid’s Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with the CFO and senior management team to derive critical insights from the company’s financial and operating metrics, and provide timely, accurate and meaningful data enabling the executive team to make better decisions and drive superior performance. You will work with the CFO to build a team which will be highly integrated with its operating counterparts and will maintain high performance standards in the accounting and financial processes of the company.
The ideal candidate is a proven professional with experience leading a high-performance accounting and control organization, ideally in a light manufacturing company. The successful candidate will bring best-practices to guide the team, coupled with a hands-on and tactical approach to enable effective implementation. This individual should demonstrate strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues and a healthy dose of professional curiosity when addressing business and accounting issues. The successful candidate will quickly grasp company operations and business drivers and will possess a high degree of integrity and independence.
- Be a trusted advisor to the CFO; influence and align the company’s accounting policies with the overall company growth and operations strategy.
- Build the accounting organization, systems and processes to manage Ryvid’s rapid growth.
- Ownership of financial close and reporting cycles; Ensure accuracy in journal entries and oversee effective reconciliation of accounts for the monthly, quarterly and annual closing ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of internal managerial financial results and operating metrics as well as external monthly financial statements.
- Oversight of all technical accounting interpretations and related documentation.
- Secure compliance with all financial, tax and other required regulatory filings.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Manage relationships with auditors and outside financial and accounting advisors.
- Responsible for design and documentation of appropriate and standard controls environments; Assess and report the status of existing accounting and reporting standards, procedures, and internal controls to identify areas of improvements and implement remediation plans when deficiencies are noted in testing of internal controls.
- Proactively collaborate and partner with all internal functions to drive process and system improvements including data collection and reporting streams across the organization.
- Advise operating executives on accounting implications of significant transactions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant credentials
- 10+ years of combined accounting experience (preferably including Big 4 assurance experience)
- Experience in both public and private companies and manufacturing or light manufacturing operations preferred
- At least 3 years leading a corporate accounting team; previous experience as a Controller or similar position required.
- Experience implementing financial and accounting systems and software strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and regulations.
- Hands-on experience in managing full range of accounting operations, monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements.
- Demonstrated success optimizing and automating accounting processes to drive a faster monthly/ quarterly close.
- Effective manager with proven record of hiring, mentoring and developing teams.
- Significant technical accounting background, ideally gained in a public or VC-backed growing company, including familiarity with ASC 718 accounting for stock-based compensation.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (especially excel) and mid-market ERP/ GL applications (e.g. Infor)
- Demonstrated comfort with information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead the audit process and manage external auditor relationships, including ability to participate in discussion during Audit Committee meetings with respect to accounting and control issues.
Integrity: Unquestioned personal and professional integrity, a reputation for excellence and setting a high ethical standard for performance; Brings gravitas and a well-articulated set of core values and expected behavior and holds others to the same standards; Appreciation for confidentiality and ability to professionally assume responsibility for highly-sensitive and confidential information
Executes for Results: Committed to excellence and able to drive results in the organization; Able to prioritize and relentlessly follows through on commitments despite difficulties or complications; Well-versed in performance management and a strong business partner to line leaders in the organization; Resourceful in nature, and consistently provides practical and creative solutions to business challenges; Demonstrates high attention to detail and extraordinary problem-solving ability; Possesses effective time management, organization and prioritizing skills; Ability to quickly make decisions and while maintaining the highest standards for completeness and accuracy
Manage Work Processes: Designs effective and efficient work processes and systems. Figures out what to measure to track progress.; Ability to evaluate processes, seek out and implement internal or external best practices; Aptitude to diagnose and fixes work flow problems and always looks for incremental process improvement; “Hands on” leader, willing to get into the details to understand business processes at a deep level with track record driving efficiencies to manual processes and introducing automation; Continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization; Proven experience driving change in accounting processes to drive faster monthly/ quarterly close while improving employee engagement.
Relationships and Interpersonal Skills: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels across the organization; Highly collaborative and supports open and transparent dialogue throughout the organization;
Manage Teams: Self-motivated, team player who can credibly communicate with and relate to people at all levels in the organization, with the experience and ability to motivate, manage, rally and mentor the team; Strong advocate for professional development to help subordinates advance their careers; Sets and communicates guiding goals, measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; Delegates effectively and keeps people informed.
Team Builder: Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, highly effective in a team-based environment; Attracts and recruits quality candidates and assembles the best teams possible who are committed to organizational goals and produce results; Promotes and embodies a positive work culture; Drives high employee job satisfaction and employee engagement through leadership, mentoring, coaching, and team development; An excellent leader and manager of people, with the ability to recognize outstanding performance and help each member of the team succeed; Fosters a strong team identity and pride by promoting, recognizing, and rewarding individuals who have made significant contributions; Stimulates collaboration among team members and between finance and other company departments.
Effective Communicator: Writes and presents effectively. Adjusts style to fit the audience and the message; Good listener, demonstrates open and honest communication with the team, respects ideas and opinions; Comfortable advising top management on issues relating to financial reporting, accounting, internal controls and financial analysis. Articulate professional, possessing excellent verbal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to simply communicate complex financial concepts and technical accounting implications to stakeholders across the organization.